Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ur favoright of the top three bolt action hunting rifles?

through my reading the top bolt action hunting rifles are remington 700 savage 110 and ruger 77 i think there all nice rifles but which is the best ?which is the most accurate which has the best trigger which has the best looks which has the best quality which has the most after market parts and accesories? i will be finding one of these fine rifles under my christmas tree this year also maybe u have anouther suggestion in the price range of 600-700$? maxUr favoright of the top three bolt action hunting rifles?
They are all the best.* Its just a matter of personal preference.* I have Remington %26amp; Savage Brand.*Ur favoright of the top three bolt action hunting rifles?
The Remington will have the most after market parts/accessories. The Savage (with accutrigger) will likely be the most accurate out of the box and certainly the best trigger. I'm ambivalent towards the Ruger.





All things equal, the Savage may cost less. You can get after market barrels for the Savage, and as long as you stay within the same cartridge family (with same cartridge head dimension such as the 30-06, 280, 25-06, etc), you can simply swap barrels and have a ';new'; gun on the same action. (do a search for Savage barrel swap).
you do realize your going to get everyones opinions and only you can determine which is the best rifle in turns of Accuracy to YOU and which looks best to YOU.





With that being said, I personally like the Remington 700 the best. As far as being accurate, put a decent scope on it(not the $50 bushnell that comes on the 710), boresight it and drop some deer or whatever your hunting.
I really loved my savage 110 E. I could shoot a leaf off a tree at whatever yardage my eyes could make it out. Too bad age has obscured my vision to the point where my son can shoot out the letters on a coke can at 100 yards where I am happy to shoot the center of the can.
.22 LR CZ 3-9x40 simmons scope with sound mod.


Tikka T3 lite .243 with 8x56 S%26amp;B scope and Reflex mod. awesome!


These are my two hunting rifles.
My favorite in order, although very close; Remington 700, Winchester Model 70, FN Browning (the older ones, Belgium made). The latter two are probably in the $800+ range these days.
Remington 700 and Winchester Model 70 are true American rifles.
My Browning .270 -8mm Mauser -Browning 22-250
Savage is what I grew up with. lightweight, durable, looks good etc. etc. etc

No comments:

Post a Comment