Friday, January 22, 2010

Different foods to eat while hunting?

any body ever eat rocky mountain oysters? and did you like them and how were they prepared?Different foods to eat while hunting?
boiled, then diced and fried in spices with side of beans and rice!Different foods to eat while hunting?
Sorry, not mountain oysters. I have had a lot of different things, that some people would consider disgusting, but I have to be honest with myself. Sometimes it was pretty good, and other times..... you just don't want to know. My fiancēŒ«e, her mama used to boil them, and pour a gravy over it. I'm not sure of the taste, but they said, you can't waist anything. BTW, she's from Germany, so its different in other parts of the world. Here they even eat pig nose, and it just looks nasty to me.
Good One!... I'd really love to know the answer to this myself! I have eaten a lot of strange different things. If someone has a real recipe, do tell. Benjamin L have you ever tried these balls %26amp; beans?


Hey Mountain Man, I'll try em if you do!....My Grandmother in law loved squirrel brains %26amp; every one saved her the heads...she would boil them w/herbs, %26amp; crack them open with a nutcracker. ummm...ummm...good!


One of my favorite game is roast racoon...it is absolutely delicious!!! Don't like ground hog though, meat tastes like green grass. Another good one is roast deer tongue...just rap in foil with barbecue sauce %26amp; bake at 325 for three hours. Melts in your mouth....





I had some crazy friends who shot %26amp; cooked a buzzard in the crockpot once...It stunk the house up for 3 days %26amp; tasted like pure sh*t...LOL
we eat them here in MT all the time. Most often they are grilled on the branding fire during spring brandings/castration. But occasionally we attend nut-frys
I try to make it a habit not to put nuts in my mouth unless they are peanuts.
funny...





answer: no, never have..never will.
no i have not

No comments:

Post a Comment