Friday, January 22, 2010

Can someone explain to me why hunting is considered macho even though the animals can't fight back?

Hunting is definitely not macho. I think its cruel. Hunting for sport may take skill but if you want to show that you have skill go target shooting or play a sport.There is a big difference between hunting for sport and hunting for survival. If you want to hunt for the challenge then go hunt your fellow huntsman.Can someone explain to me why hunting is considered macho even though the animals can't fight back?
'Cuz it shows you've got the guts to murder an animal simply for sport?Can someone explain to me why hunting is considered macho even though the animals can't fight back?
You have answered your own question perfectly give yourself 10 points
usaf is right.neither me or nobody I know has ever considered hunting macho.Your a damn fool too if you think wild game never kills hunters.
Who said it was macho? It happens to be a way of survival for some people.


For your information, 'ground beef' doesn't originate in the supermarket.
I don't know about macho, but hunting is tough physically and mentally. Tracking an animal can take hours and cover many miles. Knowing the instincts of the animal and trying to anticipate its next move is tough. You also need to consider that not all hunting is done with a gun and many people might consider using a bow at 50+ yards to be macho.





BTW, most animals are very capable of fighting back if they are cornered or wounded.





BTW part 2, I've fished but never hunted anything.





Mike Honeycutt
Hunting (and I suppose that includes fishing) has nothing macho about it. People who hunt and fish do it because they love the countryside and in the vast majority of cases eat what they catch or shoot. My interest is fishing:





Fishing.





To catch a cod, when out at sea,


To strike, to play, then set it free.


To use such skill, is my one wish,


That I should be allowed to fish.





To walk along the river鈥檚 edge,


To fish the Mayfly or Green Sedge,


A June evening, when all is calm,


To hold a small trout in one鈥檚 palm.





To fish along the cold lake shore,


To catch a pike and pray for more,


And when one鈥檚 strength is truly spent,


To wander home, fully content.





To those who say that I 鈥榤 a fool,


And say to fish, is something cruel,


I say to them, it鈥檚 nature鈥檚 way,


This man shall fish until death鈥檚 day.





-------------------
Dunno. I don't consioder it macho. I consider it to be the past time of window lickers with an overdose of agression.


Arm the animals, and give 'em body armour.
you have to carry a 300 lb dear


and ted nugent does it.





i wish it was legal to


hunt queer, meth dealer


and pedophile with a gun.





would you consider that more


manly?





contact your member


and suggest it. http://congress.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment