Sunday, January 24, 2010

Question about hunting bolt action versus cartridge?

Is bolt action more exciting because if you miss you might not get another shot and I am talking as opposed to say a 10 round cartridgeQuestion about hunting bolt action versus cartridge?
My answer to you will be the same as it is to a friend of mine who hunts with a 7400 for a faster second shot. If you cant hit your target with the first shoot while it is standing still, what makes you think you can hit it when it is running away?Question about hunting bolt action versus cartridge?
No, but anybody who has the idea that a ten-shot magazine might come in handy in the woods is somebody I'd like to stay waaaaayyy the heck away from.


By the way, if you know how to operate a bolt, it's only a fraction of a second slower getting in an aimed second shot than any other action.
There is one simple answer to this question, don't miss. What i learnt from coyote hunting over the years is that you get one shot for sure and the second is lucky to get but if your good you can always get it.
I can work the bolt on a bolt action about as fast as the action on a semi-auto, so no.
I'm gonna let the other people answer this question because it is rather technical...............LOLOLOLOL!
10 round cartridge??? I think you're referring to a magazine.





Anyways, like Mr. Dewitt said... whoever thinks they need a 10rnd. mag in the woods is a good example of a person to stay away from. From both a legal, and physical standpoint. You don't want to get in trouble with a game warden... and likewise, if he needs a ten round mag to hunt, then he obviously can't shoot very well.





I can operate my bolt action(s) rather quickly. If I don't care to aim, I can get damn close to semi-auto speeds with my Krag.
One Shot,One Kill

No comments:

Post a Comment