Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm considering building some kind of water hole/mini pond for deer in my hunting property.?

Do you have any suggestions as to how to make the mini pond, and will this help my hunting experience there?I'm considering building some kind of water hole/mini pond for deer in my hunting property.?
It will not hurt a thing. I have a pond very near my house, within 50 yards and have deer coming to it all the time.





See this on How to Make a Stock Pond


';A stock pond is a creation of beauty and a provider (to animals) of the needs dictated by nature. Almost anyone can create this much needed area for entertainment while also solving part of the natural requirements of wildlife. Humans will enjoy fishing (and eating the fish) in the pond. A stock pond is suited to a rural setting so that it can lure animals to drink.';


http://www.ehow.com/how_2077467_make-sto鈥?/a>





';Like all animals, white-tailed deer require water to survive. Water is necessary for important bodily functions such as metabolizing food for tissue and energy production, temperature regulation, and waste excretion. Deer readily drink free water from ponds, creeks, rivers, springs, and seeps when it is available.';


http://www.noble.org/Ag/Wildlife/DeerFoo鈥?/a>





If they can have a feeding place, bedding area and water there will be no need to leave your property for anything else. Water is very important to all life.





On my own property I have a spring and creek, stock pond (rain filled), food plots and bedding areas for deer. I have some wild deer that never leave my property, not for long at a time anyway, that have lived here for years. I can see them daily I know where they are at most of the time. If they had to leave for water they might be dead now.I'm considering building some kind of water hole/mini pond for deer in my hunting property.?
Thank You

Report Abuse



how far is the nearest water from your spot I would say invest your money in a food plot made just for deer cause it will be good all year as appose to the water will evaporate and get stagnant bring in mosquito's and all kinds of parasites so you will spend more time cleaning and refilling it unless you could find a natural spring or well plus food plots will give great nutrition for the deer resulting in more healthy and larger deer

No comments:

Post a Comment