Saturday, January 16, 2010

What is the best accu-choke for pheasant hunting with a mossberg 535?

Well, it is really a matter of how quick(%26amp; good) of a shot you are. My ex-husband worked at game preserve for a several years. We were very involved in bird hunting for 10 yrs. We trained %26amp; hunted bird dogs. We got pheasant at a discount so shot our share... farm raised birds may fly/flush slower than wild ones, but they are fast too... If they don't take off running that is.... when flushed, they jump strait up(but not real high) %26amp; fly strait out %26amp; away from you %26amp; REALLY FAST too. When I started shooting them, I was a slow shot %26amp; used a full choke, as they would get out there on me.. as I became a better shot, I switched to a modified, because I didn't need so much shot in um. (1 or 2 pellets will take down) %26amp; totally dusted some quail too. If hunting wild birds in the field, I would recommend a full choke, unless your a quick shot, then modified. It never hurts to take your chokes %26amp; key along, just in case you want to switch... Good Luck, your gonna have a blast.What is the best accu-choke for pheasant hunting with a mossberg 535?
Maybe this will help you understand what choke you want or need.





http://www.hunter-ed.com/sc/course/ch2_s鈥?/a>





http://www.gunnersden.com/index.htm.shot鈥?/a>





http://www.hunter-ed.com/images/pdfs/amm鈥?/a>


--------------


Let me add this. In the Mossberg the ';Accu Chokes'; were designed for lead shot. If you shoot a steel shot through the ';Accu Choke'; then it will shoot a tighter pattern. They make an ';Accu Steel Choke'; for steel shots. Some areas may require steel shots or some other type non-toxic shot for hunting pheasants. It's okay to shoot a steel shot through an ';Accu Choke'; .... it will just shoot a tighter pattern.What is the best accu-choke for pheasant hunting with a mossberg 535?
I personally prefer a modified choke for pheasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment