Friday, May 14, 2010

When hunting for a new apartment, is it OK to test the flushing capability of the toilets ?

before making a decision?When hunting for a new apartment, is it OK to test the flushing capability of the toilets ?
Tell me again...how much does your Sith weigh? And what are you feeding him...??? These are important Q'sWhen hunting for a new apartment, is it OK to test the flushing capability of the toilets ?
Since I need to test the toilet in ';real world'; conditions, I will usually flush something such as my underwear down the toilet. This simulates exactly the situations that the toilet will face if I were to move in there. If the toilet backs up, I keep on looking, if the underwear go down, then the toilet is acceptable.
Yes. Yes. Yes.





Test everything that is important to you. Ask any question you want.





You have to spend your hard earned money to live in this apartment. Set your standards high.





If you pay your rent on time, you deserve to have everything the landlord promises you as you ask your initial questions.





This is going to be your home, not just an apartment.





Everything should be as you want it so you can relax when you get home from a long day. You deserve it!
All the above are great advice. While you are at it; do a drive by during the time of day or night you have not seen the apt. Different people inhabit the courtyards at different times and you want to know your neighbors before you sign on the dotted line. It is no fun to have some guy hanging out sellling something all night...
It's best to check the plumbing and electrical all around the apartment first. Flush the toilet, turn on the faucets, flick on the lights, turn on the stove, open the refrigerator.
I would recommend it, and also how long it takes the hot water to actually get hot. I would check out everything I could think of.
It's not only OK, but a darn good idea.





I prefer to test it when I hear the neighbor running the shower; if they scream, that's even more great information about the local plumbing.
Ya sure whatever helps make the decision! You wouldn't want to move into an apartment with a toilet with an annoying flush! :D
damn, you can test the water pressure that way too...never though of that I usually just excuse myself and test the shower massager.
You know my secret don't you!


I flush 3 cans of refried beans down the toilet and count how many flushes it takes to clear the bowl.





Less than 3 flushes means it's a keeper.
Yes! I always test the plumbing before determining whether or not I will rent from a place or not. I test the water pressure in the sinks and shower too!
I do that at the same time that I make sure the bathroom ventilation is up to par...
sure why not, gotta make sure EVERYTHING works right,
Hell yes! We got a place that was perfect but when we moved in the pluming didn't work and we paid a fortune to get it fixed! Test everything!!!
That's totally okay.


You would want a working toilet when you moved in, would you?


So, yes, it's OK. :)
I do the same as Revenginator, only I flush a 7 pound slab of salami.
Things like that are very important...
always. You need to know how efficient it will be for flushing evidence.
Sure, whatever floats your boat :]
I think that would be a very wise thing to do. And check out the thickness of the walls as well. ;-)
i think it's important that you do.
  • make up lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment