Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I's a Remington 870 with a 26' barrel a good duck hunting shotgun.?

If not ,what about a mossberg 835 with a 28' barrel.I's a Remington 870 with a 26' barrel a good duck hunting shotgun.?
Absolutely! There are probably more 870's out there than any other shotgun. As per barrel length, the minimum required for maximum velocity is roughly 25 inches. Anything over that is all about balance and looks. At 26 inches (or any length over that), it's up to the choke to widen or compress your shot column.





Good luck and good hunting!I's a Remington 870 with a 26' barrel a good duck hunting shotgun.?
Check out the new Remington Nitromag M887. I just bought one and I love it!!! The whole thing is completely rustproof and perfect for duck hunting.





http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model_887/model_887.asp
As far as pump shotguns go I think the Remington 870 is the best.The Remington 870 is not a wall hanger or a shotgun you brag about having but it has put a lot of meat on the table.I prefer a Remington 870 over a mossberg 500 or a mossberg 835.
870 with a full choke yes or a 30'; full choke if you can get it....However,if you are shooting close in or a pond a mod or IC may do ya....
I suspect the old 870 has brought down more ducks than you or I will eat in a couple lifetimes. It's a good shotgun for duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment